Florence Heating Repair
Providing Warm Solutions for Troublesome Heating Problems
Homeowners throughout the Florence, SC area rely on heating systems to provide comfort throughout the winter season and throughout the entire year. When there are issues with their heating systems, our team at A-1 Comfort Systems Inc is here to fix them and restore the ideal temperatures in their home.
How to Tell You Need Heating Repair
It's easy to tell that something is wrong with your heating system when it fail to produce heat. However, did you know that there are subtle warning signs that indicate something is wrong? Catching these signs early may mean the difference between needing repairs or a replacement, so it's important to be on the lookout for them.
Warning signs that you need heating repair include:
- Cold spots: Your heating unit is designed to heat your home evenly. If there are rooms in your home that are considerably colder than others, there's a good chance you're in need of heating repair.
- Increased heating bills: It's important to pay attention to your utility bills. If you've noticed that your bills have been increasing suddenly, without additional usage, it could mean that something is causing your system to be less efficient.
- Short cycling: A properly working heating unit will only cycle on when the temperature drops below the one set on your thermostat. If you noticed your system has been cycling on and off more than usual, give us a call.
- Loud noises: A quiet hum while your unit runs is normal. However, if your heating system is making noticeable groaning, clanking, screeching, banging, or other unusual noises, it's in need of repairs.
- Foul odors: If you smell burning or a foul, musty odor, you either have issues with the wires or a mold infestation within your unit.
- Inability to remain at set temperature: Are you constantly going to your thermostat to adjust it because you can't get your home to your desired temperature? This is a clear sign that you need heating repair.
What Are Common Heating Problems?
Because the summers are so hot and humid in South Carolina, it's easy to forget about our heating systems when they're not in use. However, when the cold season returns and your home isn't getting as warm as you want or your energy bills keep rising, chances are your unit is in need of repairs. It's important to be aware of some of the common causes of heating problems so you can avoid them when you rely on your heating unit the most.
Some of the most common heating problems that people encounter in their homes include:
- Lack of maintenance: You probably don’t see your heating system every day the same way you see other parts of your home, so caring for it might not be on the top of your “to-do” list. Unfortunately, this tends to be an area that is neglected until it is too late. Avoiding regular maintenance can cause ineffective heating, premature repairs or replacements, and higher energy bills.
- Dirty or clogged filters: Dirty or clogged filters tend to restrict airflow, which makes the appliance work harder to circulate air that damages the indoor air quality. Filters are especially important in homes with excess hair, pet dander, smoke, aerosols, and other allergens because they will allow you to experience the most breathable indoor air possible.
- Overrun heat pump: Heat pumps that are being run constantly often cause issues. Overuse of heat pumps along with undersized equipment and ductwork, low refrigerant, and faulty reversing or compressor valves wreak havoc on the quality of the heating system. Heat pump issues can be complex, but our Florence heating repair experts will help yours get back to running as smooth as possible.
- Ductwork issues: When air ducts move air throughout your home, air enters through the HVAC system through certain sections of the ductwork. Your ductwork can run into issues due to poor design, improper installation, dirty ducts, inadequate airflow, and poorly sealed registers and grills.
- Refrigerant tubes issues: Refrigerant tubes are what connect the evaporator coil and the condensing coil, so they connect the indoor and outdoor HVAC units. One of the most common problems that people run into with refrigerants is leaking, which can be caused by formic acid and a variety of other corrosive elements. Our team will work to get to the bottom of the issue and prevent further leaks in the future.
- Thermostat issues: The thermostat is likely the part of the heating unit that you are most familiar with. The thermostat is what regulates the flow of a heat transfer fluid as needed and maintains the ideal temperature in your home. Some newer thermostats can be incorrectly programmed. Other potential issues include improper installation and an uneven level that prevents it from operating correctly. We can identify what is causing issues with your thermostat and make sure you can keep your home comfortable.
Why Is Regular HVAC Maintenance Important?
It is recommended that your HVAC system be checked at least once a year, and twice a year for some models.
Regular HVAC maintenance can help prevent the issues above, and will help you reap the following benefits:
- Peak efficiency: Certain parts of your HVAC system, like the filter, wear out over time and become clogged. Regular maintenance will prevent this issue and keep your HVAC system running as efficiently as possible.
- Saving money: If your furnace is running at peak efficiency, it does not have to work as hard to produce the proper amount of heat. Because of this, efficiency will save you money and having regular maintenance will actually reduce the need for repairs down the road.
- Decreased risk of unexpected issues:Typically, when unexpected issues happen with HVAC systems, it is because regular maintenance has not been performed. We are here to address any issues that arise and repair your HVAC system, but regular maintenance will help prevent the parts of your HVAC machine from wearing down and needing premature replacements.
- Extended life of unit: Perhaps the most important benefit of regular maintenance for your HVAC unit is the fact that it can extend the overall life of the unit, which will save you money and keep your home comfortable through the seasons.
I really appreciated the honesty and mannerism of your guys.- Happy Customer
A+ rating!- Happy Customer
Your team is as good as it gets- Past Customer
On 9/17 my wife and I heard a noise, the noise was loud and sudden but very short in duration. Unfortunately we were unable to track down the exact point of noise. Several hours later we again heard the noise. We both felt it came from the AC unit. Call”- Happy Customer
Restored my faith
In June of this year your company repaired my fairly new AC unit A.J. LeChette and Mitchell Kinney were the technicians. I can not say enough good things about these two smart, well mannered and pleasant repair techs of yours.
I have dealt with ot”- Past Customer
Learn more about our third party partnerships and apply for financing.Get Started
Looking for a fun rewarding career in HVAC? Learn more about the A-1 team.Apply Online
Save On Services
Check out our online deals and seasonal promotions to start saving today.View Deals